“In terms of Ecology, of using the land in a natural way,
he was ahead of his time; Ultra ahead.”
— Pete Dye, on Radrick benefactor Frederick C. Matthaei
From the very beginning, consideration for the environment has been one of our main priorities. Multiple programs and activities have been implemented and developed culminating in various Environmental Stewardship certifications.
Clean Corporate Citizen (C3) Award
The Clean Corporate Citizen Program began in 1996 with three companies receiving their first designations in 1997. Over the past 17 years, the C3 Program has designated more than 200 companies, 134 of which continue to be active C3 participants. Michigan’s C3 Program is one of the most rigorous and long-standing environmental stewardship programs in the nation, and Radrick Farms was the 1st golf course in the the state of Michigan to achieve this certification. Obtaining the C3 certification requires facilities to have:
- An active Environmental Management System (EMS)
- A strong environmental compliance history
- Pollution prevention goals and measures in place
Radrick Farms Golf Course is extremely proud to be the first golf course in the state of Michigan to become a Clean Corporate Citizen facility!
Here are some of our efforts and awards:
- 2014 Radrick Farms becomes the first golf course in the state of Michigan to achieve certification in the Clean Corporate Citizen program
- 2012 Excellence in Water Quality Protection Award: Radrick Farms Golf Course
- Read our recent article published in Golf Course Industry Magazine
- Here our General Manager speak with WEMU regarding golf’s effect on the environment
- MI. Dept. of Agriculture has certified Radrick in the Michigan Turfgrass Evironmental Stewardship Program, a nationally recognized program
- Press Release regarding Radrick’s status as a Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary
- One of only FOUR courses in the state with both MTESP and Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary certifications
- The ONLY Groundwater Guardian Green Site in the State
- Award Winning Priorities
- Radrick Farms Environmental Stewardship Guide
Season Pass holders have also helped by making a conscious effort in maintaining environmental quality. They do this by reducing waste and eliminating litter from the property. Radrick Farms could not be “The Hidden Gem” that it is without the help from others in the community.
For example, the Dundee Chapter of the Future Farmers of America (FFA) has helped to mount 30 Bluebird nest boxes. The FFA will continue to assess and evaluate the placement of these boxes and their inhabitants. Follow the link to our Community Outreach page for more details on these efforts.
We have also partnered with Matthaei Botanical Gardens regarding research and the care of naturalized areas, wildlife, and forests.
With your help and support, these efforts will continue to be rewarding for all stakeholders.