“In terms of Ecology, of using the land in a natural way,
he was ahead of his time; Ultra ahead.”
– Pete Dye, on Radrick benefactor Frederick C. Matthaei
From the inception of Radrick Farms, consideration for the environment has been one of our main priorities. Multiple programs and activities have been implemented and developed culminating in various Environmental Stewardship certifications.
Here are some of our efforts and recognitions:
- 2012 Excellence in Water Quality Protection Award: Radrick Farms Golf Course
- Read our recent article published in Golf Course Industry Magazine.
- Here our General Manager speak with WEMU regarding golf’s effect on the environment.
- MI. Dept. of Agriculture has certified Radrick in the Michigan Turfgrass Evironmental Stewardship Program, a nationally recognized program.
- Press Release regarding Radrick’s status as a Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary
- One of only FOUR courses in the state with both MTESP and Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary certifications.
- The ONLY Groundwater Guardian Green Site in the State.
- Award Winning Priorities.
- Letter of recognition from the Washtenaw County Pollution Prevention Program
- Radrick Farms Environmental Stewardship Guide
Season Pass holders have also helped by making a conscious effort in maintaining environmental quality by reducing waste and practically eliminating litter from the property. Radrick Farms could not be “The Hidden Gem” that it is without the help from others in the community as well.
For example, the Dundee Chapter of the Future Farmers of America (FFA) has helped to mount 30 Bluebird nest boxes. The FFA will continue to assess and evaluate the placement of these boxes and their habitants. Follow the link to our Community Outreach page for more details on these efforts.
We have also partnered with Matthaei Botanical Gardens regarding research and the care of naturalized areas, wildlife, and forests.
With your help and support, these efforts will continue to be rewarding for all stakeholders.