University of Michigan President Schlissel recently announced an official University policy in regards to face coverings. At the University of Michigan Golf Courses this policy applies in the following ways:
- You are not required to wear a face covering while playing golf (engaged in physical activities or recreation in a distanced manner).
- You are not required to wear a face covering while eating or drinking but still must maintain social distancing (at least six feet of physical separation).
- You are still required to wear a face covering while inside the clubhouse.
- You are now required to wear a face covering while on the property but not engaged in golf related activities.
- You are now required to wear a face covering while riding in a cart with another passenger.
- Please help us provide a safe environment. Those with a medical need will have priority access to carts. We do not have sufficient carts to allow everyone to take their own cart.
We thank you for your cooperation with these University-wide safety measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and keep our community safe.
The full policy is outlined by U of M Environmental Health and Safety. Under this policy, the University of Michigan will require all students, staff, faculty, and visitors to wear a face covering that covers the mouth and nose while anywhere on campus grounds.
- Daily fee players and guests are again welcome, please prepay via the phone.
- Please check in at our "Check In Station" upon arrival to the property.
- Our events schedule is in the midst of an update, but all “shotgun start” events are TBD for 2021
- Cart Availability is limited
- We are allowing two riders per cart -- if you would like to ride alone for health concerns please let us know when booking.
- The Clubhouse Facilities are open with the following restrictions:
- Be aware that each area has a restricted capacity for people, signage is posted at all entrances.
- A personal face covering is required inside the building.
- The Golf Shop will be open for merchandise sales.
- Grab & go snacks and beverages will be available for sale as well.
- Limited accessories on the course (ball washers, benches, water coolers, etc.)
- Comfort Stations are not yet open due to low temperatures at night. Please plan accordingly.
- The staging areas have been a well received addition to our operations, see the map for details of the continuation of this operation.
- Advance practice facility booking is still required; we often have last minute availability.
- Our goal is to know who is on the property at all times.